Markt Rimpar

Registry Office

Losert Angela


Liability for accidents due to neglected clearing obligation

Dear Citizens,

Thank you for your interest in information about the registry office in Rimpar.

Here you will find some information and tips that we hope will be helpful to you.

However, due to the large number of regulations in the field of civil status, it is unfortunately not possible for us to answer all questions in advance or to list every possible variant, e.g. in name law or with regard to intended marriages.

If you have specific questions or require information, you are welcome to contact our registrar Ms. Losert in person, by telephone or by e-mail.

Your registry office


If you have decided to tie the knot for life, please note the following:

The registrar of the place of residence is responsible for registering the marriage. If the engaged couple have different places of residence, they can choose between the corresponding registry offices.

Would you like to get married in Rimpar but live somewhere else?

This is possible without any problems if you inform your local registrar when you register your marriage. In this case, the registrar at your place of residence will accept your registration and forward it to us once it has been checked.

Please note that in addition to the "registration fee", there is also a fee for the marriage ceremony at various locations for registration and marriage.

In principle, both fiancées should be present at the registry office when registering the marriage. However, a fiancé who is unable to attend can also authorize his or her partner to register the marriage by submitting a declaration of accession (form available from the Rimpar registry office).

When registering the marriage, the possible name for the marriage, date and details for the wedding ceremony are discussed.

The marriage registration is valid for six months and should be submitted at least one week before the planned marriage for organizational reasons.

The main purpose of registering the marriage is to check for any obstacles to marriage, i.e. the registrar checks whether (from a legal point of view only, of course) anything stands in the way of your happiness, e.g. a relationship or an existing marriage that has not yet been dissolved. This check is required by law and primarily serves to protect the engaged couple.

For this reason, you must bring documents with you to register the marriage, the type and scope of which depends on the individual case.

There are no standard cases; instead, marital status, nationality and other factors are decisive.

Please understand that we refer you to the personal inquiry in individual cases.

We will be happy to provide you with information over the phone or issue you with an information sheet on the necessary documents if you come in person.

If you have a specific preferred date, we recommend that you reserve your appointment in advance.

If the examination of the documents you have submitted shows that nothing stands in the way of your happiness, the marriage can be concluded.

Please note that wedding ceremonies are generally only held during our general office hours, although exceptions are possible.

The ceremony itself usually lasts around 20 - 30 minutes. Guests are always welcome here. Our wedding room, which is located in the Julius Echter Tower of Grumbach Castle, has seating for the bride and groom and the witnesses, plus standing room for 14 people.

At the request of the bride and groom, one or two witnesses can be called to the marriage ceremony; however, this has not been compulsory since 01.07.1998.

The witnesses must be of legal age and, like the bride and groom, must be able to identify themselves.

Photography during the marriage ceremony is permitted, video recordings must be agreed with the registrar.

If you wish to marry abroad, it is not necessary to register the marriage in Germany.

With regard to the documents to be submitted, it is best to enquire at the embassy of the respective country or directly with the local foreign registrar. This is the best way to ensure that the marriage does not fail due to missing documents.

Dear bridal couple,
In your own interest, we would ask you to take care of the following after your marriage:

If your previous home or place of residence changes as a result of the marriage, you must report the move to the relevant residents' registration office in the new place of residence.

Rimpar is home to the Residents' Registration Office in the town hall, Schloßberg 1, room 208.

If you are a wage or salary earner, please contact the relevant tax office regarding your tax class.

Please also note that in the event of a change of address or place of residence, the identity card or passport must also be changed at the relevant passport office.

If you change your surname as a result of the marriage, a new identity card and passport must be issued.

Rimpar is home to the Passport Office im Rathaus, Schloßberg 1, Zimmer 208.

After the marriage, please also ensure that you have your vehicle registration certificate and vehicle registration document changed by the relevant vehicle registration office.

The responsible vehicle registration office for Rimpar is located at the Landratsamt Würzburg, Zeppelinstraße 15, 97074 Würzburg, Telefon: 0931 8003-0.

You should also inform your employer, health insurance company, insurance companies, banks or (building) savings banks and other bodies that require your correct name and address (e.g. post office, newspapers, publishers, etc.) of the changes resulting from your marriage.

If you are a homeowner or landowner, please also notify the relevant land registry office of the change.

Also check your insurance policies to see whether an insurance policy has become superfluous as a result of the marriage because the spouse has taken out the same insurance and whether a dowry insurance policy may be paid out.

You may be able to terminate your installment savings contracts or premium savings contracts etc. prematurely due to the marriage without losing the premium.

You can obtain detailed information from your bank or savings bank.


Please note the following when registering the birth of a child:

The birth of a child must be reported to the registry office in whose district it was born. This is independent of the parents' place of residence or nationality.

According to current regulations, a child must be registered with the registry office responsible for the place of birth within one week of birth.

The notification must be made verbally and in person and can be submitted by the following persons:

- each parent of the child, if they have custody rights,
- any other person who was present at the birth or who is aware of the birth.

In the case of births in hospitals or other facilities where obstetric care is provided, the institution responsible for the facility is obliged to report the birth.

- Birth certificate from the midwife
- Declaration of the child's first names and, if applicable, surnames
- Identification of the notifier

In addition

For children, whose parents are married are

- Marriage certificate or certified copy from the marriage register of the parents
- Marriage certificate (for marriages of parents abroad)

For children, whose parents are not married to each other are

- Birth certificate of the mother
- certified copy from the marriage register of the last marriage (if the mother is divorced)

If a acknowledgment of paternity already issued was

- Birth certificate of the father
- Notarized copy of the acknowledgement of paternity

If the Vather married is, in addition

- certified copy from the marriage register of his marriage

If the Father divorced is, in addition

- legally binding divorce decree

Should this acknowledgment of paternity only after the birth of the child if the child is to be registered at the registry office, both parents must appear together. This must take place no later than 10 days after the birth of the child.

Resettlers additionally require

- the registration certificate,- the ID card for displaced persons,
- the identity card and, if applicable
- the certificate of a change of name

Please also note the following for the birth certificate

Certificates in foreign languages must be translated by a sworn interpreter. The original and translation must be submitted.

Foreign nationals must prove their nationality by presenting a passport or nationality card.

If the notifying party does not understand the German language, a interpreter be brought along.


Depending on the individual case, further documents may be required.
We therefore recommend that you contact the registry office in advance.


The state was not always responsible for keeping civil status registers.
Until well into the 19th century, until the separation of church and state, this was the sole responsibility of the church.
The uniform principles that are used today for the civil registration of family events were introduced in 1876 with the first Civil Status Act (PStG).
As a result, notarizations were transferred from parish offices to civil authorities.

Since this legally uniform introduction of civil status registers on 01.01.1876, civil registrars have been recording the birth, marriage and death of every citizen.

The registry office is your companion from the cradle to the grave.

A registry office district is usually formed by one, but in some cases also by several municipalities, and the Civil Status Act itself has been amended several times since its inception, most recently on 01.01.2009. A corresponding extension, the so-called Information Ordinance, which was issued in 1925, introduced the binding exchange of information between the various registry offices.

The family register used until 31.12.2008 was introduced in 1937. However, it was abolished again in 1944 as part of the wartime ordinance and not reintroduced until 1958. The "Aufgebot", the announcement of a planned marriage, which was abolished on July 1, 1998, was even a relic from the times of the Kaiser.

Leaving the church

If you leave the church, please note the following:

Resignation from a religious community can only be declared at the registry office in whose area a person has their main or secondary residence.

Resignation can only be declared in person at the registry office. Sending it in writing to the registry office is invalid.

Only exception: personal declaration or notarized signature at a notary's office (this resignation becomes effective on the day of receipt at the registry office)

The following documents must be submitted when leaving the church:

- Identity card or passport
- Transcript from the marriage register
- (if the declarant is married, widowed or divorced) or
- Birth certificate

It is not absolutely necessary, but it makes work easier for the registry office if the date and place of the baptism can be named by the declarant.

The resignation becomes effective on the day of the declaration.

The obligation to pay church tax ceases at the end of the month in which the declaration was submitted.


If you have to mourn the death of a relative, please note the following:

The death of a person must be reported to the registry office in whose district the death occurred or where the deceased was found.

The last place of residence or habitual abode of the deceased is not relevant.

The death of a deceased person must be reported to the competent registry office (see 1.) on the third working day following the death at the latest.

Oral advertisement:

Verbal notification of a death can be made by the following persons:

- any person who lived in the same household as the deceased,
- the person in whose home the death occurred
- any other person who was present at the death or who is aware of the death from their own knowledge.

Written notification:

If a funeral home has been commissioned with the notification, the notification can also be made in writing by the funeral home.

In the case of deaths in hospitals, old people's homes and nursing homes, the provider of these facilities is obliged to report the death.

If you have commissioned a funeral home to handle the death, they will usually inform you of the necessary documents.

Normally, the following documents are required for notarization:

- Death certificate (issued by the doctor who diagnosed the death)
- Identification of the deceased and the notifier

- Documents concerning the personal details of the deceased
- (birth or marriage certificate, family register)

- Proof of place of residence by means of a registration confirmation from the municipality of residence, identity card or similar.

No fees are charged for the notarization of the death itself, only the issuing of death certificates is subject to a fee (currently €12.00 per certificate).


The most frequent point of contact with the registry office is certainly the request for certificates. Here are a few tips to help you obtain the documents you need as quickly and easily as possible:

Birth certificates, certified copy from the birth register
can be obtained from the registry office that registered the birth.
If you were born in Würzburg, for example, but live in Rimpar, you can only obtain a birth certificate or a certified copy from the birth register from the Würzburg registry office because your birth entry is kept there.

Marriage certificates, certified copy from the marriage register
can only be obtained from the registry office where the marriage took place.

Civil partnership certificate, certified copy from the civil partnership register
can be obtained from the registry office where the civil partnership was entered into.

Death certificates, certified copy from the death register
can also only be obtained from the registry office that notarized the death.

Documents can only be requested by persons to whom the content relates, as well as their direct ancestors or descendants (i.e. parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren etc.).

You can collect certificates from us in person (please bring your ID with you), by telephone, in writing or via the Citizen Service Portal order electronically.

Bei telefonischer, schriftliche oder elektronischer Bestellung ist die Gebühr in Vorkasse unter Angabe des Verwendungszweckes auf eines unserer folgenden Konten zu entrichten: Bankverbindungen: Bitte vermerken Sie dies auf Ihrer Urkundenanforderung.

As soon as the fee has been credited to our account, the requested certificate(s) will be sent.

The fees for birth, marriage and death certificates are currently 12.00 euros each, as is each certified extract from the register.